Saturday, February 21, 2015

At Ease

"God, give me chastity and continence - but not just now."

If I would be given a chance to talk to an honourable being, I would gladly talk to St. Augustine, my hometown's patron. St. Augustine is known for his truly extraordinary life - once a reprobate, he transformed to a bizarre saint. His life was once considered as a rubbish, but through his mother's wholehearted devotion to God, he was saved from near No God life.


Basically, my imagine of our conversation would be sort of like this. Yes, it's really quite short because I think, once I got him face-to-face, I'd be speechless.

Me: How, St. Augustine, did you come back to faith?
St. Augustine: Easy, dear. Just believe.
Me: But you were once a non-believer when it comes to God. You abandoned your Christian life. 
St. Augustine: If you would really like to change, you will find a way. He made me realize things. Big thanks to my mother, though. She's my angel in disguise.
Me: This is quite a short conversation, St. Augustine. But this is a real pleasure of mine. Everything you said is so useful. Thank you.
St. Augustine: You'll always be welcome.

St. Augustine's life made me realize that change is really inevitable, yet it is our own choice. We just need the right guidance and faith, everything would be possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment