Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Remember Me

       I’m not the kind of person who is known for an excellent deed like saving one’s life from death or an individual who contributed a bunch of honor for his country. I’m also not the oh-so-perfect daughter nor the model student who always obeys her parents and avoids act of rebellion towards the school rules.  I’m just the typical high school girl who walks through the pathway, hoping that weekends will move closer so I could sleep with my fluffy pillows. Nothing is really special about me. But of course the fact that everybody wants to have his own trademark, or should I say legacy, is still present in my mind. And I want to have one, too.
 
       Most people want to be remembered at their best – being the best singer in their school, the most productive president in a particular club, having the greatest achievements in Math, Science and English or even the best joker in class. Seriously, let us not pretend to be the good person everyone expects us to be. We ourselves know that our attainments on Earth matters to us. We think most of the time that we should perform our best in a certain situation, for us to leave a legacy in one’s heart. This thing also comes into my mind, but I don't want to be remembered just because of my outside triumphs.

       I'm not the type of person who everyone loves and I do know that. I do not want to please others just to have a clean reputation. Being true to myself is what matters to me the most. And when people would talk about me in the future, I want them to recall Jobelle as a true person who stood strong despite of what others think about her. Lastly, I want to be reminisced as a perfectly imperfect person.

No comments:

Post a Comment