Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Blessing

 "Hey, wake up Belle! Come on, you sleepyhead! It's your first day in school, oh God! It's already 5:00 AM, you're supposed to be in the bathroom and taking a quick bath!" 

            I still remember my Mom's dialogue while waking me up last June 2, Monday - my first day of being a Junior student at Cavite National Science High School. I stood up lazily from my bed and went to the bathroom with my eyes closed. While taking a bath, random classroom scenes were playing inside my head.  

        I was there on a corner, sitting on my wooden chair, daydreaming. Suddenly, I heard someone called out my name. "Ms. Dajac, translate the sentence 'I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up, my friend.' into Spanish." I glanced at my teacher who was looking at me intensely. And I answered, not even thinking of what to say, "Ansel Elgort as Augustus Waters, Ma'am."

          After some time, I found myself walking through the not-so-wide gates of CNSHS, holding the straps of my beige-colored bag tightly. My heart's beating so fast like I was chased by a large bulldog. I kept on whispering some chants like "Hoo! I will survive, yeah!" and "Kaya mo 'to, Jobelle!" while walking. I went to the Maliksi Building smiling widely and my classmates, specifically my close friends, gave me a warm hug. Suddenly, I don't really know why, but with that hug from my friends, I felt like looking forward of what my Junior life would bring me.

        Honestly, I didn't expect that my first 7 days of being a Grade 9 student would be a week full of new experiences. Monday, we just had some introduction thingies to know more about ourselves. From Tuesday to Wednesday morning, we spent our day in answering every subject's Diagnostic Test. That was really frustrating answering those questions I haven't encountered before. Wednesday afternoon, June 4 - this is the day that I will never ever forget. Because June 4 brought me the most perplexing thing (well, I must say that it is) in my Junior life. Being the newly-elected president of the YES-O Club this school year is the most surprising experience I had for this week. Yes, school-level president. Even once in my life, I didn't imagine myself leading a school level club, proposing new events and such things a leader is consigned to do. I know this is just one of the numerous challenges I would face in my Grade 9 life and seriously, I don't really have enough courage to work on all of the things I must do. Well, I just hope that God will help me with all of these things.

         Friday, around 3:45 in the afternoon,  I remembered Ma'am Maye saying this thing - "Compose a descriptive essay regarding your first week of being a Junior student here in CavSci". The first thing that came into my mind that would actually describe my first week of being a Junior, is blessing. I believe that it was really a blessing because this week brought me challenges that would enhance my skills and would give me chances to prove myself to everyone that I can be more than I was before. I hope that each day of this school year will help me improve myself and... that my teachers would have a long patience in the whole year because I know that they will also have a hard time, eventually. And yes, good luck to me! AJA! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment